This isn't the first time there have been warnings about cleaning your grill with a wire brush, but one man's viral Facebook post serves as yet another scary reminder to replace yours ASAP, before it does some serious damage to you or your family.
"On Sunday evening upon eating a hamburger from our grill I felt something abnormal in my burger," Chester Poole, 63, of Nova Scotia captioned a close-up of his throat he posted to Facebook in 2017. "I tried to spit it out and tried to cough up anything that may be there. Upon eating my second bite I felt a needle like pain in my throat."
After spending five hours in outpatient care, X-rays confirmed what Poole could feel: There was a foreign object stuck in his throat — what turned out to be an inch-long stray wire from Poole's barbecue grill brush. Poole was sent home for the night and referred to another hospital for surgery on Monday.
"Our brush is in good shape and I hardly …